With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
The Project Manager has complete ownership in the implementation of projects across the group. The project manager ensures that the project/changes are delivered on time, to budget, quality to meet stakeholder expectations. All project/change deliveries must be in compliance with the Absa change policies and methodologies.
• Ensure that all projects are completed on schedule and within the budgeted scope.
• Led the project’s commencement and planning and its technical feasibility.
• Create a precise strategy to track and monitor the project’s development.
• Regular update with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time.
• Maintain client and stakeholder connections.
• Using the right project management tools, you can track the progress of your project.
• Reduce project risks by doing a risk management study.
• Provide necessary support to ensure funded initiatives are effectively managed, and delivered within time, cost, quality, and risk constraints.
• Must be open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others.
• Must be committed to the timely delivery of a job well done.
Accountability: Project Definition and Planning (25%)
Accountability: Project & Change Delivery (50%)
Accountability: Stakeholder Management (25%)
Education and Experience Required
Knowledge & Skills: (Minimum of 2)
Competencies: (Minimum of 2 competencies)
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
We are a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.